Monday 13 June 2011

Sleep

Where does the mind go during sleep?
Does it rest in the Divine?
Wherever it goes, it returns refreshed
from the shores of forgetfulness.

And what of dreams,
those messengers from the deep?
Beautiful and fearful,
they bring up treasures and horrors
from beneath the sea.

My body sinks thankfully into sleep
like a sloth settling onto a branch.

Let us be grateful
for the gift of sleep
and the healing it brings.

Let us be grateful
for the gift of dreams
and the insights they bring.


1.30 pm
8-6-2011

(part of the Write for your Life practice developed by Merle Feld)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could choose what dreams I dream. There is one that I would visit nightly if I could. I feel that it holds answers to questions I'm not even sure of.

Ah. To dream.